Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Toasty & Thrifty Thursday

No, it's not a blog post about where to shop for cheap alcohol! Sorry to disappoint.

~ Toasty

If you have temperatures in your forecast like the 100F (37.5C) we're supposed to have in Richmond today, you'll probably think I'm crazy. Who wants to be toastier than that?

I hardly ever get to see pictures of children wearing the pilot-style hats I like to knit.Well, it's winter in the southern hemisphere & Cat J B over at Just this Side of Chaos posted these cute pictures of her boys wearing such a hat.

And being a Waldorf teacher one of my soap-box rants is warmth for wee lil' babies, and I will give you my soap-box link to a short & to-the-point article by the wonderful (I heard her lecture before) Susan Johnson, M.D. Then I will get off my soap-box and send you to look at more sweet pictures over at Little Kiwi Chick.

~ Thrifty

I've mentioned before that, with the exception of some treasures from New Zealand, I've been shopping for Lil' Bean's wardrobe at thrift stores aka opp-shops. Here's his 0-3 months basket closet.

Note to self: Knit some socks!

And thrifty for me, but not thrifty for my friend Laura. This was in a box I received from her this week. Green, my favorite color, and sheep. Awww! Very cute.

It's in the 3-6 months range, but if Lil' Bean takes after his parents, he'll wear it by the time he's a month old.

5 comments:

renee ~ heirloom seasons said...

Cute! I have a couple things to add to those baskets :)

Sleepandhersisters said...

I called my little one bean when he was in my tummy too... then I cut out the a and called him Ben.

Teaching Handwork said...

So its a boy?
I check in here and there....your family is often on my mind ...sending you love and light

Charlotte Scott said...

I saw your hens over on KiwiMummy Blogs today! Very cool!

Oddiferous said...

I still have a little box for you! Please send me your address!!!