I have a wound up skein of Malabrigo Lace in Cinnabar. It's a 100% Baby Merino. I realized tonight, when attempting to start a project with it, that working with lace-weight yarn makes me fidgety and grumpy. Just too tiny for my hands to work with. I need at least a fingering-weight. I'm not gonna make you do anything fancy. If you want it, just leave a comment before I post my next blog entry - whenever that may be. But please, do knit something with it.
I'm too comfortable to get my bum out of my chaise right now to take a picture, but if you look for Malabrigo Cinnabar in Google Images, you'll get an idea.
I'll happily ship to wherever you are in this beautiful world. To keep things simple I'll announce the winner in the comment section.
Yeah, this giveaway has laziness written all over it, but it will give me an excuse to buy more yarn.
I'm too comfortable to get my bum out of my chaise right now to take a picture, but if you look for Malabrigo Cinnabar in Google Images, you'll get an idea.
I'll happily ship to wherever you are in this beautiful world. To keep things simple I'll announce the winner in the comment section.
Yeah, this giveaway has laziness written all over it, but it will give me an excuse to buy more yarn.
52 comments:
Beautiful color! I'd love to have a go at it.
Thanks for the chocolates...delicious!
I've never seen, nor felt of Malabrigo. I have heard of it, of course, just not had the opportunity to buy any. If I win it, I will definitely knit something with it. :-)
I am newly in love with lace weight yarn, and would give it a good home!
thankyou for your comment over at my blog,ooo lovely to find a new blog,treat!! and right on a giveaway! congrats on your we bub in the tum! i LOVED oppshopping for our lil one! hey still do!! xx
Found you doing this on 10 Shawls in 2010. Thanks you for the lovely giveaway! You have a lovely blog!
I love Mal lace. I recently knit a Citron shawl for a dear friend for her birthday, and I'd love to knit another one. (previous post was me too)
saw your post in junkies, so had to try :)
I clicked over from the Malabrigo Junkies group on Ravelry. I love Cinnabar and Mal lace! thanks for doing this giveaway!
I would love to win this for my mum... she is a big knitter and has been using very fine wool, so this will be perfect for her.
How kind of you to give the yarn away especially mal lace, love it.
Its a great colourway and I'm sure who ever gets to keep it will make something gorgeous from it.
Andrea xx
At the moment, I'm knitting my first lace project and I love it! I heard a lot about Malabrigo, but it's hard to get here in Germany... so I'm trying to win ;)
I'm a total Malabrigo junkie, so seems kind of sad that you didn't fall in love with it. Such a lovely color too. It's so sweet of you to put it up for adoption.
But it will find it's new home and grow up to become something beautiful.
And then you can find some Malabrigo yumminess in Cinnabar (or any other spectacular color) in a heavier weight. 'Cause you really wanna knit with "The Big M."
Trust me on this!
Bonni
Sad to hear you are not up to lace weight yarn from Malabrigo. It is sooooooooo soft! You might want to try a heavier weight. ;o)
Well and although I never have luck winning in a lottery of any kind I will give it a try.
Julia
Hello from Germany
I would love to get that Cinnabar! The colour is just beautiful ... a real autumn colour!
And if we can help you to buy new yarn just by winning this yarn... who wouldn´t love to help you. ;-)
Gabi
I would love to try my hand at this beautiful yarn.
Warm wishes, Tonya
I just love the feel of malabrigo lace and would love to make a beautiful shawl in it.
Pauline :)
That I would looove the skein goes without saying- but what I really want is to say thanks for putting up such a lovely, sharing blog! Wishing you and your family the best, always
Hugs
I'm a BIG fan of Malabrigo, but have never tried lace weight. I'd LOVE to try it out...
I'm not even sure I've ever touched lace weight...lol.:o) I'm planning to pick some up though when I make it to the city. I want to try it out.
Of course I'd love the yarn, but if I win, first think about working it with another yarn or doubled. Then, if you really don't want it, send it along. If you do, I'd be happy that you were happy with a yarn you originally liked enough to buy. Thanks for the giveaway.
Hi1 I linked from the 10shawls2010 group. Sorry you don't love the lace Mal. I can promise you it would have a good home at my place and would be put to use! BTW, absolutely love the photo at top of your blog...just breathtaking and looks so refreshing. We are in the midst of a horrid heat/humidity period here in East Tennessee.
Signed, lazytvknitter on Rav
That colour is gorgeous and perfect for fall. I agree with comment on doubling it up but there is a loving home in Canada should it wish to travel :o)
Valerra on Rav
I so sorry you don't love this yarn! I hope you find something that you adore to knit with soon!!!
I would love to knit something up with the Cinnabar laceweight! Definitely a Junkie here. :) FWIW - I'd be happy to send you the finished product back. Woot! for good karma.
It sounds just lovely! I'd love to knit something with it!
Malabrigo!!! I love knitting them! Thanks for giving away such beautiful yarn! Hopefully I can be the lucky one!
big wave from Texas,
Kitman
I'd love the Malabrigo lace and love that color. I'm into shawls and stoles and that's what I'm sure it would become....
I'd love to try the Malabrigo lace!
Thank you for the give-away!
You found my dream yarn... the one that I will be able to buy some day... Whomever you gift it to will be one lucky knitter!
Mal Cinnabar sounds deliciously yummy!
Well love me some Malabrigo lace and here is my comment!
By the way, I promise, if you send me this beautiful lace, that I will knit something equally beautiful with it and post the picture in your blog.
thanx, suziblues2000@yahoo.com
hey up, saw your post on remnants and I love a good giveaway :) I also disagree with the disagree-ers, you're doing something nice and sharing it with other yarn-y folk, what is there to disagree about? Bah, I thought remnants was a free for all but there are so many grouchy 'oh, they've put a link to their blog, DISAGREE' people out there :) sorry for the slight rant.
I would love to win some yummy yarn!
larndt on ravelry
I would absolutely love to try out Malabrigo yarn and love knitting in lace weight.
I would love to have it. It is my favorite color! I love to knit lace and to knit with lacewt.
I give away yarn I don't want to knit with too - it is just too sad for it to sit around unloved when someone else will be thrilled to have it.
Termiknitter2 on Ravelry
Hi there,
Sorry to hear that the yarn isn't working out for you, but what a neat contest idea! I'd like to toss my name in as well - I'm Claire, aka toxknits on Ravelry. Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy and a safe and speedy delivery! :)
I just bought a ball of Malabrigo sock yarn yesterday and am making a shawl for a friend. I paid a small fortune for it but this friend is really nice and deserves something wonderful. I'd love to win your Cinnabar and make something for myself. Something I rarely do for myself and it's just my colour.
Jill
I would love to make something with it. Love the color!
That's really kind of you. If it were me, I'd probably keep the yarn and try working with it again in a few months to see if my opinion of had changed. I'm Winnifred17 on Rav.
I really like the header of your blog - the picture, the words... very nice. Interesting how people's blogs are a little glimpse into their inner workings.
Don't worry, I'll take that lace off your hands :)
gorgeous color, generous giveaway!!! congrats on teh baby!!!
-oonaghfibersmyth on ravelry
Bless your generous heart!
I'll throw my name in the ring. I have never actually gotten my hands on Malabrigo, but listening to people talk about it on Ravelry, it would be great to try.
Wow, how generous! I'd love to be entered :)
if it didn't make you so fidgety, I'm guessing you'd make this yarn into something gorgeous. :) I'll try to get my crochet to match up with all that loveliness.
I'd love the yarn! I've never knit with lace weight, but I'd like to try.
Hope you don't mind a crocheter throwing her name in the hat. I can't promise to knit anything, but I can promise that it will be crocheted into something beautiful. I hear you on the laceweight grief - I nearly gave up the first time I worked with it, but I eventually found that we get along just fine if I'm using an itty bitty hook.
Thanks for being so generous to one of us lucky, random internet folk. Life is too short to knit with yarn you hate, isn't it?
Eee. I find it hard to work with thicker yarns - mal lace is a dream to me!
Entry, this is.
<3
What a lovely idea, and how generous of you to give such a nice ball of wool away.
I would be happy to take it off your hands :)
KiwiFi on Rav
I just read your thread about this giveaway on Ravelry, right after reading the 'dense husband' thread... so sorry to hear about what happened.
I'd love to win the yarn (my LYS hardly carries any lace yarn) but mostly I wanted to let you know that I feel for you, and I wish you the best of luck with the baby (and the boys).
I adore laceweight yarn so I'd love to be in.
I just posted a blog post, and random.org has spoken... It'll go to Fi.
* I still can't believe that some people in that unnamed Ravelry forum hit the dislike button when I posted the giveaway link. Geesh. What's wrong with people? :-)
Post a Comment