Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

The Night The Lights Went Out...

... in Georgia in Richmond, Virginia.

It was just a minor storm, but I'm one of the lucky 4,400 Richmonders who continue to be without power this morning. Oh, how I have gotten used to the luxury of air-conditioning. I was miserable last night. So hot & humid.

It's going to be 90 F (32 C) today. I decided to leave this morning & have an iced mocha here at my favorite cafe. I'm not a shopper, but I think I'm gonna shop a bit today, just so I can enjoy the air-conditioning stores have to offer.

It's supposed to be taken care of by midnight. Can't wait for the cool breeze.

Oh, I'm so spoiled...

2 comments:

Sue from Ky. said...

Yes, Cadi, I am afraid there are lots of folks in that same boat. I am all for simplifying,saving money,making do with less,recycling,being as frugal as possible,but I don't know about letting my electricity go just yet.Hope for your sake,it's back on soon. I know you are bound to be miserable in your condition.Enjoy your shopping!

Renna said...

Our daily forecast for the next week or so will be above 100 degrees. I keep blessing my a/c!

Once, years ago, when our air went out, I hung out at the library during the day. Comfy stuffed chairs with unlimited choice of reading; all it lacked was some iced-tea. It was great. ;-)