A dear childhood friend gave birth to a baby daughter, Leonie, at the beginning of the month. I talked to my friend on the phone for a very long time today. There's something about hearing a birth story, I tell ya! As we spoke, my friend's mother & father, the first-time grandparents were there holding the lil' one & rocking her. Then my friend told me that her partner, a gardener, takes their daughter for a daily walk through the garden after he comes home from work; how he shows her everything; how they (well, he) count the apples ripening on the apple tree...
What a sweet picture. Doesn't that just make you go Awwww? I'm so glad for her lil' daughter. I know she's chosen a special, close-knit family to be born into. Although I was overjoyed and it was so nice to talk to my dear friend for over an hour, I couldn't help but sigh after I got off the phone.
Lil' Bean is coming into this world under very different circumstances. I suppose all paths are unique. I have to trust that it's that way for a reason. There won't be grandparents holding him and rocking him to sleep. (Brent's parents passed away years ago. My mother has chosen not to be part of my life anymore after learning of the pregnancy. My father lives on a different continent.)
And there won't be the loving arms of a father who will take him for a walk... along the beach, maybe. - Brent loved living so close to the ocean...
Why on earth would a child choose to be born into such a difficult situation? My heart aches thinking about all the things Lil' Bean won't have in his life, which makes me even more grateful for all the love that is coming to us in so many different ways from friends near & far; friends I know in person; friends I may have never met.
Thank you, friends.
What a sweet picture. Doesn't that just make you go Awwww? I'm so glad for her lil' daughter. I know she's chosen a special, close-knit family to be born into. Although I was overjoyed and it was so nice to talk to my dear friend for over an hour, I couldn't help but sigh after I got off the phone.
Lil' Bean is coming into this world under very different circumstances. I suppose all paths are unique. I have to trust that it's that way for a reason. There won't be grandparents holding him and rocking him to sleep. (Brent's parents passed away years ago. My mother has chosen not to be part of my life anymore after learning of the pregnancy. My father lives on a different continent.)
And there won't be the loving arms of a father who will take him for a walk... along the beach, maybe. - Brent loved living so close to the ocean...
Why on earth would a child choose to be born into such a difficult situation? My heart aches thinking about all the things Lil' Bean won't have in his life, which makes me even more grateful for all the love that is coming to us in so many different ways from friends near & far; friends I know in person; friends I may have never met.
Thank you, friends.
13 comments:
the Lord does work in mysterious ways, doesn't he?
:0} paula
i think you know why a child would choose you as a mother! :) though it may not be conventional (whatever that may mean), you have a beautiful and loving family any child would be blessed to be a part of.
sorry about your mom. my dad stopped talking to us over a year ago. he said we are awful parents and my daughter is a spoiled rotten brat and that he would rather not ever see us again.
hmm...no good words for wrapping this comment up, i guess. instead i found myself staring out the window for ten minutes after i typed the above. no matter.
what matters is that your baby is being born into LOVE! xoxoxo
The child may not have a father to walk with, but he will have 2 gentle, loving, big brothers to do those things with, and that is very special. He has a wonderful mother who will treasure him, and nurture him, and help him unfold into a strong, kind, man. The world needs men like the kind you will raise, who understand that strength & force are two different things. It's not such a bad lot he has chosen.
But he did choose you! And you know there is a reason, and I will be sending you love and wishes for strength so that you may find some peace, so that you can just trust in whatever reason that is... and he will have two very special big brothers, and I'm sure he will be a blessing to them as well... xoxo
my older brother and i were lucky to have a new baby in the house when we were 10 and 11yrs, he was our half brother but we never felt like that. we adored him!! i can totally understand ur sadness, however this new baby will have a loving mother and two older brothers to love and adore it, to teach it new things...two fantastic male role models! sigh the lord sure does test people!!! cant believe ur mother has removed herself from this precious time!
This child chose you because what better person could he have in his life that a Mum who does care and will worry about these things. You will love this this boy enough that he will never know that he is missing out on anything.
I know it's easier said than done, my father passed away in April and every time I think of my girl not spending time with her Pop I am brought to tears, but there are other ways I can let her know who he was with photo's, stories etc, I can make him special to her even though he is not here with us.
I know we have only just found each other so to speak, but I truly believe that you have enough love to give to this little man that he will never feel the loss of what could have been.
Hugs and strength
xoxo
Everyone else has said it for me.
Hugs to you. x
He wanted lots of love, warmth, and creativity. With you the Bean is sure to have all that and much more.
I'm with the poster who said he'll have two strong brothers to grow up with. I want pictures of them wearing him in a sling!! You know it's going to happen...lol.
Lot's of Love.
Hey Cadi,
I found this a very moving post. I am really sorry to hear about the decision your mother has made. How sad.
Your little boy is a very blessed baby... he will be born into a loving home and you will tell him all about his father, so that he can 'get to know' who he was and carry the stories in his heart as he grows up. And he is very lucky to have a Mummy like you.
Hello Cadi,
You are a such a warm hearted woman and you will be a wonderful mother - and I am sure your baby will become a very happy man. All my best wishes.
Cadi, if you haven't already done so, I think you should have your blog printed into a book, so your new child will have in his hand, one day,the many thoughts and words that were shared with and by all your wonderful blogger friends, about him and his coming into the world, from the time he was conceived. I have had 2 books printed of my own blog already,and hopefully, others will get joy from reading all of my thoughts one day when I am no longer on this earth.
Ditto to everyone else, Cadi. I think Nuriel is getting a fabulous family. Even if he'll never get to meet his Dad. But then maybe he already has?
People come into our lives when they have something important to teach us, or when they have something important to learn from us.
You and the boys, and Lil' Bean have lessons to teach one other that no one else can share.
You, for example, are already building a legacy for him when you honor his father in a way that is honest and sincere.
When we chose our families it is with a deeper knowledge and understanding than we bring with us across the barrier. I pray that time will reveal the reasons that you four (five) are a family -the way you are.
Wishing you a joyful birth!
Please know that you have family "out here" reaching out with love to you all, from across the miles.
Post a Comment