The plan was not to unpack the boxes labeled "junk" & to store them in the attic... indefinitely. Doesn't that sound like a plan you could have come up with, too? I mean, by golly why would we ever need "junk?" Of course something useful could be in one of these "junk" boxes, so throwing them out now would not be an option.
Please do tell me that so far what I'm saying is totally reasonable, normal, logic & makes sense. :-) I like it when people tell me I'm normal. A few years ago I had a therapist for a couple of weeks & I vividly remember the day he told me he thought I was perfectly normal. :-)
Anyhoo.
Here comes the curve-ball.
I picked up the last three boxes I had stored at a friend's house today (not "junk") & my extensive knitting needle collection that I was still searching for wasn't in any of the three boxes. Big bummer! The only logic explanation is that they ended up in a box that got labeled "junk." Gasp! I guess I'll be unpacking all the "junk" boxes anyhow & I bet they will turn up in the very last box I will unpack no matter which sequence I decide on.
And here's an "it was an insomic Wednesday night" finished project...
Please do tell me that so far what I'm saying is totally reasonable, normal, logic & makes sense. :-) I like it when people tell me I'm normal. A few years ago I had a therapist for a couple of weeks & I vividly remember the day he told me he thought I was perfectly normal. :-)
Anyhoo.
Here comes the curve-ball.
I picked up the last three boxes I had stored at a friend's house today (not "junk") & my extensive knitting needle collection that I was still searching for wasn't in any of the three boxes. Big bummer! The only logic explanation is that they ended up in a box that got labeled "junk." Gasp! I guess I'll be unpacking all the "junk" boxes anyhow & I bet they will turn up in the very last box I will unpack no matter which sequence I decide on.
And here's an "it was an insomic Wednesday night" finished project...

8 comments:
Been here 4 years his month and i STILL can't find things hat I know I packed in boxes I have already unpacked.
LOLOL . . . Great Luck on the Great Knitting Needle search Project :0}
i would love to know where you got your the pattern for your sweet pilot hats...;)
I just spent an hour turning over my house for my notebook with my to-do list in it. Finally I sat down at the desk to write another one, opened the drawer to get a pen...and there was the notebook. Oh well, I tidied up lots whilst looking so silver lining and all that! You are perfectly normal by the way ;)
Oh my gosh, that hat is beautiful, thank you, thank you!
Hope your knitting needles turn up but I'm sure you're correct, they WILL be in the last box you open. I am house sitting a mansion for the week, which is lovely, but it's so darn big, I keep losing everything...
I found them. And NOT in the last box as I predicted, but in box #2. A big box with one layer of junk on the top, but the rest treasures. How could I have overlooked that? :-)
A little off the beaten path, but I have a close friend and neighbor who has visited New Zealand, and he says it is beautiful, but I do,wish you luck in finding your needles.
I'd love to know where you got this cute hat pattern. I'd love to make a couple this winter. Any info. would be appreciated.
It's here: http://maehegirl.blogspot.com/2010/04/lil-bean-pilot.html
Post a Comment