"We're going to bury the placenta in the backyard & plant a berry-bush on it. But first it will probably be sitting in the freezer for a couple of days."
Silence.
"What if we accidentally take the placenta for frozen meat & eat it for dinner by mistake?"
"What if the placenta buried in the backyard grows into a giant underground squid & sucks up the hole house?" (Yes, I do believe they watched too much TV at their Dad's house.)
12 comments:
Dont you love it when kids continually come out with the what ifs. Thank goodness thats all over with here. Make sure you rest lots in the next week, you will need lots of energy very soon
Haha that's really funny. I have a placenta in my freezer and my daughter is 17 months old! We buried my older daughter's placenta in my parents garden and planted a yellow rose on top. All the very best for your birth:)May it all go just as you would like it to and may you be blessed with a healthy baby.
nice, my older brother was the king of "but what if..." and he would come up with outrageous things to say and have me in stitches..
Well, some people do eat placenta, won't do much harm either way :-)
I've been wondering how the boys feel about the new baby ?? Hope that's not too personal to ask.
My oldest was 15 when Cam was born. He was a bit embarrassed at first when I was pregnant, but he was okay after a while, after all I was only 18 when he was born. I think the age gap has been good to teach him the realities of having children, but Cam has a hard time understanding Matt's role in the family now Matt doesn't live at home.
Cadi,
This is so cute. I will be thinking of you.
Oh, I *know* this conversation, or a variant thereof. No giant squid though. That one had me laughing :-) And, like Frangipani, there is still placenta in our freezer, while 17-month-old Littlest One runs about.
Hey Cadi... I can't believe I haven't visited you before! I am so touched by your blog; I am trying to find somewhere the story of what happened to to Brent :(
You can be sure that in the hearts of all us Kiwi Mummy Bloggers You are fully adopted as a Kiwi Mummy. And we will do everything we can to make sure that Lil bean can learn all the bad habits we have going in our neck of the woods... since he is Half-Kiwi.
Someone on FB asked me to add them, who i didn't know but the surname was cade... was that you?? If so, I will add you, no probs.
xx
Simoney,
Thank you for your comment.
You can read what happened to Brent here: http://maehegirl.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-love.html
We had known since late December that I was pregnant, but since I didn't officially make the announcement at work until March, it's not mentioned on the blog 'til this post: http://maehegirl.blogspot.com/2010/03/baby-n.html
And no, that wouldn't have been me on Facebook. Cadi is just my nickname. ;-)
Viv,
I think they are getting used to it now. When my youngest first heard it he was rather bummed out, though. He said he would have rather had a dog. :-)
I have a way of just calling things by their name. I think it's a little too open for them sometimes. I admit that I enjoy taking them out of their comfort zone a bit. Hihi. ;-)
I was 13 when my stepbrother was born. I had to babysit him a lot. I did not like that. I have made a commitment to not doing that to my children due to this experience of mine. If they will babysit at some point, I would pay them for it. I think it's very different from household chores for which I would never pay them.
A squid!!!!!! Hee Hee!!!! I love it!!!!
I love the idea of the berry bush. I had hoped to plant a tree on Briar's placenta....but forgot to ask for it and lost it to wherever they send those types of things....it still sometimes makes me a bit remorseful. But then I would have had to have left it behind at the old house....What kind of berries?!
Love ya, Cadi. Wish I were there. xoxox
P.S. You seem perfectly grown up to me!
Jackie,
It's a triple crown blackberry from a local CSA. Funny thing is I've been gobbling the very same berries down all summer & now I'm getting my own berry bush. ;-)
Thanks for the grown-up comment. I'll blog that story sometime - when I've found the right words. :-)
Hah, "rather have a dog"" just cracks ne up :-) Lucky for me mine already had a dog.
Post a Comment