Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Pink Traveling Woman - It's A Swan!

Voila! I couldn't be more pleased, really. $30 of yarn & about 20 hours of knitting & here is my donation to The Liz Logelin Foundation, which I previously blogged about here and here. I hope someone with a big wallet will fall in love with it at the auction...
I can't believe how big it is. 72" (180cm) from left to right tip!

I decided to block the ends into little tips.

Lace detail. It looks so pretty & airy.
(The brown you can see in the background is Lil' Bean's crib I put together yesterday - without instructions. I'm a co-sleeping kinda Mom, but thought it would be good for him to have a place to nap downstairs during the day.)

9 comments:

paula said...

Simply Beautiful!

:0} paula

Unknown said...

This came out beautiful! I hope it sells for big bucks! It is definitely worth it :)

betty-NZ said...

Wonderful colors and detail!

Anonymous said...

that is just divine!!!

Cadi said...

Thanks everyone! I just *love* knitting lace shawls.

Gail said...

Very pretty!

Have bought choc fish. Will have to post in next weeks budget though :)!! They will get there!!

renee ~ heirloom seasons said...

I am always just so amazed by your knitting! And I'm sure I always say that.
I love pink. And I love co-sleeping.

(Your package is on the way...)

Charlotte Scott said...

Gorgeous! And big! I hope someone with a big wallet buys it too.

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

Gorgeous!
Best wishes