Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Note For Lil' Bean

Dear Lil' Bean,

Okay.
I will be blunt.
I'm done being patient.
Thank you for the added suspense.
You're keeping me on my toes.

1-0 for you.
Please come out now.
Pretty, pretty please?

Apparently patience is not my virtue.
But I don't have the patience to learn patience right now.

You see, your mother is not the best homemaker.
Maintaining a clutter-free, dust-free, spiffy clean home
day after day is driving me crazy.

Not that you'd grow up in conditions the health department would deem unsanitary, but I do believe a bit of dust is good for your immune system. :-)

I'm glad you've grown into such a healthy-sized baby.
Not too big, not too small.
I'm glad you're so active.
Thing is, I wasn't the smallest chick to begin with.
I like a good-night's sleep... and I know your father has been telling you to sleep through the night at an early age, because I asked him to do so, and generally he responds to my requests...

It's hard to sleep with this big belly.
What is keeping you in there?
Surely it must be getting kinda tight?!

The moon is in Taurus. Stability & steadiness are good virtues to have. Do you not want the conservative streak that comes with that moon sign? (Okay. That makes sense. Maybe you & I would bonk heads too often...)

Are you waiting for the quick-wittedness that comes with a Gemini moon?

The tenderness of a Cancer moon (like your father)?

A Leo moon? Labor Day weekend would be a great time to be born & it also happens to be Father's Day in your Papa's homeland.

Or are you maybe waiting to be born on Nathan's birthday,
which would make you a Virgo with a Virgo moon?
(That's a lot of perfection there, my child...)

Or are we talkin' even later than September 8th?
(Gasp.)

Well, I'm sure you have a plan.
But would you kindly tell me what the plan is?
Pretty, pretty please?

If you can't get a hold of me on the phone, you can always leave me a message on Facebook.

Thank you very much.
Can't wait to meet you.

Love,
Your (tired of this insomnia) Mama

11 comments:

Charlotte Scott said...

He he!

Gail said...

Poor you Cadi!

Come On lil Bean!!!!

emerson-j said...

u are a fabulous incubator, that lil bean is as snug as a bug! wonder what his birth weight will be....

Boo said...

Eat a hot curry :-)

megan said...

I like a Cancer Moon, myself. A gemini moon - oy. So hard to keep up with. But that may be my libra moon talking.

Sleepandhersisters said...

I have a feeling Lil' Bean has got a bit of Kiwi laid backness in his genes.

Anonymous said...

Come on lil Bean!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Serving up the eviction notice...hopefully he is near! Thinking of you!

Restless Prairie Farm said...

I felt the same way with Auri...lol. She was "due" on the 15 of March and didn't greet us until April 11. I was SO ready to meet her. Sending you comfy, sleepy thoughts.:o)

paula said...

Poor Lil' Bean . . .
He must LOVE his accomodations at Cadi's Bed and Breakfast.

That's what you get, Momma, for having a 4 Star B&B instead of a Red Roof Inn!

When we got home from Indiana yesterday our neighbor brought over the mail and I had a WONDERFUL box from you, Miss Cadi. That candle is so luscious . . it may find itself in the lingerie drawer . . . too good of a smell to waste on burning.

Is there a World Market store where you got the kitchen items and hat WONDERFUL mug. I have never seen anything like it. I need to get a couple for my tea drinking friends :0}

now, have a good talking to that Lil' Bean and tell him enough is enough . . he can play all the hide and seek with you when he shows himself for good!

Love you both,
Paula

Dan said...

Jumping Jacks?

I don't have any advice about getting this birthin thing going. Could it be lack of experience for me? Anyway, I do think of you each day, and send blessing your way during these final days of pregnancy.