Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Brent & I could never figure out the day he first sent me a message. I thought he was awkward & too old for me. I wasn't all that interested. Eventually he asked for my phone number. He thought I would find his kiwi accent irresistible. I thought he was full of himself, but in a way he was right. I certainly found it charming. I don't have many messages saved from that time. This was an e-mail exchange the day he tried to call me for the first time. Two years ago today. Hard to believe. Anyhoo...
---

From: Brent
To: Cadi
Sent: Saturday, August 9, 2008 6:45:49 PM
Subject: RE: :-)
I tried to call you. I am not sure if I called the correct number. I did leave  you a message
---
From: Cadi
To: Brent
Sent: Sat, August 9, 2008 8:34:36 PM
Subject: Re: :-)

I got the message. I was in the shower when you called. What a bummer. Loved your sophisticated accent! ;-)
---
We ended up talking for the first time the following weekend while Brent was chillin' in the bathtub. - I remember how that reinforced my "this guy is awkward" theory. We talked until his hot water heater ran out of hot water & he was getting cold - 2 hours or so. And just when I got used to the whole bathtub-phone-chat idea, he called me one day while he was on - the crapper, as he would put it. But I even got used to that. When he was visiting last April, I jokingly sent him this e-mail. - I must mention that I lived in a small house then & it was next to impossible not to hear what was happening in the bathroom...
---
From: Cadi
To: Brent
Sent: Sun, April 5, 2009 4:07 PM
Subject: Hey!

I love talking to you on the phone when you poop, but I like it even more when I can hear you poop in my bathroom! :-)
---
Yeah. That sort of made me laugh today... I've been blogging about farting & poop a few times now. I shall attempt to have a classier post for you next time. Now back to the here & now.

6 comments:

softearthart said...

Memories of your love, just lovely, cheers Marie

Anonymous said...

Ha! It's the everyday things you miss about people when they are gone...little habits and inside jokes. Thinking of you!

Sue from Ky. said...

Isn't it funny how the male species get such a kick out of joking about such. Mine does that, too. I hate it now, but one day,as his daughter tells me,I MAY miss even that.

paula said...

Nothing like pooping and farting with the one you love . . sweet memories.

:0} paula

Stella said...

Haha, sweet post... Thanks for your comments! And I think that's a great motto too!

W-S Wanderings said...

Men are curious creatures. My husband also speaks of "the crapper". And it was completely endearing when he pulled out a roll of toilet paper, in public, to remove some sheets for nose wiping. How nice it must be, to be unfettered about the perceptions of others.