Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Forget-Me-Not

Taking a break from knitting to blog about knitting. Hmmm. Working the pattern in the round for the sleeves is requiring me to think a bit, and it's just too late at night for thinking!

More O~Wool. The color is "Robin's Egg." It's the 2-ply - 100% organic Merino. It has a nice soft hue that reminds me of Forget-Me-Nots & gives me vacation memories of clear skies & blue seas (which I also do not want to forget).

More lace. I'm using the Lucille pattern. I liked the lil' sweater & the pattern worked like magic for me - until I got to the sleeves.

Picture Paua shell buttons on it & it's even sweeter (I think). Thing is I couldn't find the ones I bought in New Zealand, so I looked online. Then I found them (in my knitting basket of all places) & after moving some furniture & organizing things, they are lost again. - I'm making a mental note that organizing is never a good idea. So, this sweater won't be in the mail to my friends lil' daughter 'til I either get some more or find another cute lil' button alternative... and not until the sleeves are done, obviously.

I sure hope that baby is slow growing. It's taking me longer than I thought. :-) Now off to bed before midnight for a change.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I just love this pattern and the name of the wool, Robin's Egg is so fitting, beautiful:)

renee ~ heirloom seasons said...

Really cute sweater. I was just looking into the O-Wool some more. Please let me know if you can recommend any good organic single ply worsted yarns. After so many years of using kinda yucky cotton 2 and 3 ply yarns I seem to be rebelling against anything except a nice smooth single strand.

KellieBelle said...

this is looking so cute!!!

Cadi said...

Yes, I agree: So cute! Would be even cuter if I would finally get my bum into gear & finish it! Yikes... :-)