Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

These Days

I received this from Jennifer over at Little Kiwi Chick earlier this week. Isn't it just so cute? Well, it's lucky timing for you, because she is having a Giveaway for one of these treasures over at  her blog. To enter simply read this blog post. You can also buy one in her Felt shop. She actually did double-duty on this one. She started one  in blue & then made a pink one after Nuriel was surprisingly born as a girl. Thank you, Jennifer. It's already found a special place in our home. 

On another note... The back-to-work thing went surprisingly well. Nuri was happy & easy-going on both mornings. Her caregiver is such a blessing. She had a sweet Moses Basket with a lambskin prepared for Nuri & carries her around in a sling. I could not possibly have a better childcare situation! My students were excited to have their "strict" teacher back. We're in a "Money & Measurement" block. Upon learning about bartering/trading, some of my students came up with the idea of trading their siblings... Gotta love inventive 3rd graders!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet gift!!!!!

I am glad Nuri settled in so well.


hugs

Gail said...

Wow - you are amazing! Do you teach fulltime? I have just returned to relief teach and now am working in the Junior school (5 -7 yr olds) 2.5 days a week until the christmas holidays. It's been a challenge to get organized on those days.... but am enjoying it!!

I love that wall hanging. Perfect!

Mrs Knight said...

they are so sweet arnt they! one of my good freinds her older sister is named Nuriel also =)

Cat J B said...

Glad you've found a great carer, it helps so much to know your baby is cared for as you would. Love the trading siblings!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful and lovely gift! And even though you posted that you were starting back earlier this week, good luck still!

W-S Wanderings said...

That framed piece of handwork art is so dang CUTE! Glad to hear that the transition back to work has been going smoothly.

paula said...

Hum . . . can I still barter my brother . . .I'm sure, at times, his wife wouldn't mind.

The mind of a child can think of the most creative things when left on their own.

\0/ paula

PS . . .gonna checkout that giveaway . . that birth announcement is so totally awesome . . one of a kind for a Richmond baby!

Jenny said...

Aww, thanks so much Cadi :o) You are so sweet.

I am so glad to hear that going back to work went so well for both of you this past week, I was thinking of you. Sounds like you have found a lovely person to watch Nuriel, that makes all the difference! And YAY that you are a teacher, because you'll still get lots of time off with her for holidays/summer etc!

busygnomes said...

I can't believe your back at work, well done for having such a positive outlook, I'm glad you have a wonderful nannie.
Looking forward to a mother and daughter shot:)