Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

That Green Shirt

It was Brent's favorite shirt.

I had sent him a phunky-ish green tie with tulips for Saint Patrick's Day last year. He sent me this picture of him wearing it along with his favorite shirt, a green-white checkered one.
He left the shirt here for me to wear after his visit last April. I started wearing it to sleep in. It was huge on me, but so comfy & it made me feel close to him. He wore it again when he visited over the holidays. He kept telling me how much he liked the shirt & I told him to pack it & take it with him.

When I came home from New York after our New Year's up there, I was tired & miserable. I missed him like crazy already & it had been a long drive to get back home to Richmond. As I fell into bed that night, I realized there was something under my pillow. He had left me the green shirt.

It's my favorite shirt now.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Aaah, that is so sweet:)

paula said...

Your love was a handsome man . . . .

Cadi said...

I miss him.