Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Cause Dear To My Heart

I started reading Matt's blog over two years ago. Matt's wife, Liz, died the day after giving birth to their daughter, Madeline. In her memory The Liz Logelin Foundation was created to assist families who find themselves in the heartbreaking situation of having lost a spouse or partner.

If I remember correctly, I stumbled upon the blog one night through Jackie's blog.

I did not know then that one day I'd be on a similar path...

Through a comment I made on Jackie's blog a few months ago, Sarah found me. Her fiance died two weeks after they found out they were going to have another baby & she has been a tremendous help for me throughout this pregnancy.

On September 17th, 2010, there will be a "Celebration of Hope" Gala to benefit The Liz Logelin Foundation and I have decided to knit a shawl to donate to the silent auction.

Liz's favorite color was pink. I found a beautiful skein of MadelineTosh in Carnation. Liz & Matt traveled quite a bit. I remembered the Traveling Woman Shawl that had been in my Ravelry queue for a while. Liz Abinante, the designer of Traveling Woman (Ravelry link), has kindly given me permission to use her pattern to create a shawl for this auction. - "A Pink Traveling Woman." I shall keep you posted on my progress.

I want to encourage you to create something to donate as well. You can find more information here. If you scroll down a bit, you will also find a downloadable donation form. The Gala will take place in Minnesota where it gets r-r-really cold in winter. Let's keep the people up there warm while crafting for a good cause!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cadi! Loved the hat you made for Jennifer's wee girl @ Little Kiwi Chick. Your shawl is sure to be snapped up, you are very talented!

Mama_Bear_Sarah said...

thanks for the shoutout. and yes, it gets rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeallly cold here in MN! :)
hope you're feeling well. the end is near!!

Renna said...

It's so heartbreaking to hear of such tragedies, but how great that this man is making something so good out of it, and you, for contributing to it.