It's 105 F (41 C) here today & humid as usual. I really didn't want to go anywhere in this heat. Alas, curiosity killed the cat. I wanted to pick up the lace shawl I had pinned at the local yarn shop yesterday. And I did.
I used the pattern Ishbel by Ysolda Teague. At one point I thought about inserting a lifeline to see if I could work more lace repeats because I had so much yarn left in the skein, but then I lazied out. The mirrored lace was driving me crazy at times, but in the end I couldn't find a mistake. - Phew! It looked a bit small to me when it came off the needles, so I blocked fiercely. So fiercely in fact that last night I wondered if I had overdone it. What if just one loop snapped? Yikes. Anyhoo. It paid off. I think it's oh, so very pretty & a very nice size. (60"/150cm from left to right tip.) (Ravelry link)
I just love the colors. Yes, they remind me of a colorful C i r c u s. So vibrant. The Malabrigo Sock yarn is so soft. Incredible. I haven't found a recipient yet. - I might just need to keep it. And, as hoped, I had enough to knit up a square for the Barn-Raising Quilt & I still have a sweet lil' "leftover" ball. From being a WIP on Wednesday to Finito! I like this productivity level. I'm going to start my next lace project on Friday... A very special shawl. Stay tuned. I'll say Au Revoir with a Southern Sunday Gratitude: P-r-a-i-s-e the LORD for Air Conditioning! A-men. (You gotta say that with a southern accent!)
6 comments:
This is really gorgeous! If you can't find a recipient, I'm more than willing to take it off your hands ;)
wow! Amazing!! I am in awe....I have just started to teach myself crochet this weekend from a very very difficult to understand crochet book from the dark ages i suspect ;) and a few useless you tube tutorials. Now super frustrated!! off to the library to find a decent book today. I'm itching to make something prettyful.
That is spectacular! Keep it for yourself. Such beautiful happy colours and rich texture to be wrapped up in :-)
:0}
your shawl is gorgeous! i haven't knit anything with that much lace yet, but i love that pattern.
Your Ishbel turned out lovely! How nice to find Fire & Rain in your sidebar - its one of my most favourite songs of James Taylor. Although he is not so young anymore, his voice has not changed - I really enjoyed listening to that, thank you so much!
Post a Comment