It was the kind of day that makes you wonder if things had turned out better had you just stayed in bed. Lots of strange things happening around paperwork-related things that really annoyed the bleep out of me. As I was driving home, I started crying & screaming. Why did he have to die?
I flung myself on a living-room chair where this caught my eye on the bookshelf & things went downhill from there...
It's one of my favorite pictures in the book New Zealand Landscapes by Andris Apse, although certainly all the pictures are stunning. What an idyllic homestead in the midst of these beautiful hills! It reminds me of Canterbury, although it's actually near Tahora on the North Island. Brent gave me the book for Christmas. He had given me The Penguin History Of New Zealand when he first visited in April of last year. It has 500+ pages and I never read the entire book, so Brent joked that he would only give me picture books from then on... and he did.He wrote in the front of the book, "Happy Christmas 2009, Cadi! The landscapes are better with you in them. Maybe some places to visit next time. Much love, Brent"
Less than a month later he died. "Next time" was supposed to be now.
Sigh.
Deep breath.
Now let me climb out of the pit to do the WIP Wednesday thing...
Plans for this stash from bottom up: 12" square for a Friendship Quilt swap; Percy Lace Shawl; mini shawl.
A pilot-hat (Malabrigo) in the back (I finally got started, Cat J B!) & a Vanilla soaker in the front.





14 comments:
What can I say.....except our thoughts are with you. Forty-eight days to go and you will have your mini-kiwi to hug.
Looks a little like my house. WIP projects and toys stashed everywhere. Yes, that must be my house.
P.S. Hopefully,the pain will subsides,and the happy memories will remain.I wish you and your 3 boys the strength to carry on and build a good life.
I feel like the online Cadi" Iknew is comingb ack . . and I'm glad to see that happening.
paula
Huge hugs from NZ.
i cant even comprehend losing someone so special, my thoughts r with u...
Big hugs xxx
Yes, 48 days or something like that. Oh my gosh. He better wait til I'm ready! Wouldn't want him to start life born into chaos. :-)
A heart touching post. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you continue to grieve your loss...and as you get ready to welcome the next generation of awesome kiwi-dude into your life!
Your knitting projects are beautiful!!!
xo
maureen
My thoughts are with you and I'm excited for you about your homebirth! I'm so happy that your little one gets to take first breaths in your new home.:o)
It must be very hard for you. I heard this last night (actually from the movie Avatar) something along the lines that "our energies are only borrowed and we must give them back". I lost my son (stillborn) last year and it's still hard, the grief of losing a partner would be so much greater so feel for you.
The knitting looks great, I love the wee lacy shawl, you're very talented.
Blimey that homebirth list looks a bit over the top!
Best wishes
I hope today has been a better day for you. I can't even fathom what you are going through, but you are certainly in my thoughts and prayers!
I looovvve that little sweater! You are SO talented!
Oh Cadi,
I wish I were there to give your hand a squeeze. I am so very delighted for you that the homebirth items are all coming together.
The house looks AMAZING!!!!...And rainbow colour coordination in lego is a tad over the top....But I LOVE your books shelf.....and I just finished rainbow coordination of my fabrics in my new craft room! I do so love rainbows!!!!!
Much love to you and the boys, my friend.
xoxoxo
hey there, just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. Sometimes life is just too hard.
I think you're amazing, really.
Are the buttons made of Paua shell?
xx
The buttons are Abalone, so they are more creamy in color than a Paua shell would be, but sorta similar...
Post a Comment