Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Gratitude

Oh, thou my beloved air-conditioner & ceiling-fan.
My heart doth rejoice in the cool air thou blowest
on my pregnant belly...

I'll spare you further poetry attempts.

Look what I got in the mail! A handmade Kiwiana bunting for Lil' Bean from Elijah's Mum (I won't say her real first name, cause I don't know if she's an "out of the closet about her name" blogger or not.) over at Currently Unnamed. She blogged about it here & the mailman must have been speed-skating across the Pacific or something, 'cause it got here fast.

It came with a pretty pair of earrings and some postcards from NZ. I can't show you a picture of those, & I can only show you less than half of the bunting, because my camera isn't cooperating. I got very frustrated with my camera today and it made me dream about something like this, but since the title of this blog is "Gratitude," I'll say that mostly I'm very happy with my camera. The bunting has found a home in the dining-room where it looks so pretty by the fireplace and over the entryway. - I can't decide where to put it.

Thank you so much for the Kiwiana treasures! Made my day, really!

4 comments:

A Life Less Complicated said...

aww you are so welcome! I did try to reply to your email but my internet kept cutting out - so frustrating! Hope your camera starts to play nice soon - I'm always having issues with mine and I'm long overdue for a new one

Linda said...

That bunting is so pretty:)

Anne said...

lovely...:)

Ashley said...

Hi Cadi - Thanks for the tip about the bobbin. the problem did occur right after I wound a new one. It doesn't seem loose, but i wound another one anyways just in case. Same problem with that bobbin. =(