I'm supposed to come up with a menu for after the birth. These days I don't have to be told twice to think about food. I guess some people plan three different menus. You never know if it's gonna be breakfast, lunch or dinner when the baby arrives.
Being a single Mama who strives to keep things simple, I wanted to find one menu that would be appropriate for any time of the day. I also wanted to make sure that it can be stored in the fridge or the freezer. I don't want to have to run to the grocery store for fresh ingredients while I'm in labor. Last, but not least, I wanted a bit of kiwiness & somethin' German & a bit of red, white & blue.
So, on our simple menu:
Smoked salmon, bagels, cream cheese. Brent loved to eat that. Bagels are pretty American. I usually keep some in the freezer & pop them in the oven to warm them up.
I splurged on a $20 bottle of Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. And yeah, I'd totally have wine for breakfast.
There's always fruit in the house. It's easy to throw together a fruit salad.
And then I'm hoping that somehow there'll be a Groaning Cake... I'd never heard of it before, but it immediately spoke to me when I read the lil' blurb that link will take you to. Molasses are rich in iron. That'll be a good thing for me & the German in me likes the idea of a good, spicyKuchen cake with apple.
Simple with a hint of fanciness.
Writing that blurb actually kept me from eating something at half past midnight. Off to zZzZzzing.
Being a single Mama who strives to keep things simple, I wanted to find one menu that would be appropriate for any time of the day. I also wanted to make sure that it can be stored in the fridge or the freezer. I don't want to have to run to the grocery store for fresh ingredients while I'm in labor. Last, but not least, I wanted a bit of kiwiness & somethin' German & a bit of red, white & blue.
So, on our simple menu:
Smoked salmon, bagels, cream cheese. Brent loved to eat that. Bagels are pretty American. I usually keep some in the freezer & pop them in the oven to warm them up.
I splurged on a $20 bottle of Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. And yeah, I'd totally have wine for breakfast.
There's always fruit in the house. It's easy to throw together a fruit salad.
And then I'm hoping that somehow there'll be a Groaning Cake... I'd never heard of it before, but it immediately spoke to me when I read the lil' blurb that link will take you to. Molasses are rich in iron. That'll be a good thing for me & the German in me likes the idea of a good, spicy
Simple with a hint of fanciness.
Writing that blurb actually kept me from eating something at half past midnight. Off to zZzZzzing.
5 comments:
I think wine for breakfast sound delightful, fruity with a hint of wood tones.
I'd be happy to post you a few chocolate fish. For sure!!
Chocolate fish. Yum. ;-)
Nothing in return. Can be my baby-gift :) Sometimes a girl just has to have chocolate fish. My gmail is: geegeedomdivas@gmail.com flick me your contacts and I'll post this week!! When we did the candy exchange it took a couple of weeks to go from here to the states.... so hopefully they will reach you in time!! (Took 3 months for my candy package to come from Canada to NZ!!! True to the date stamp!)
the recipe for the Groaning Cake looks delicious . . now, if I make it for us, it won't cause a pregnancy, will it?
LOLOL
paula
I can safely say that Groaning Cake did not cause that condition of mine. :-)
Post a Comment