The day started kinda mellow. No "Midwife Monday" as she had a birth to go to. - No, not mine. :-) For some reason I ended up with a very busy afternoon, though. I had some errands to run. Nathan asked for a ride to the bookstore. A photographer friend snapped some belly pictures... Anyhoo... This was our day...
Nathan & girly cat hanging out on the futon after breakfast.
Noah & boy cat chillin' in a living-room chaise.
A friend & I went to get the birthing tub. It's all clean & ready to go now...
This arrived from Christine over at a simple quilter over the weekend. I'm not a crocheter and I can't stop looking at this gorgeous baby blanket. I love, love the colorfulness of the squares. I wanted to wait with posting my gratitude 'til Lil' Bean has arrived & he can be in the picture, but I simply had to show you. Thank you so much, Christine! The Haribos were devoured by four lawn-mowing boys. :-)
As my friend and I were carrying the birthtub to the house, I noticed a crushed NZ Post box on the porch. While the outside had apparently suffered on the journey across the Pacific, the inside contained the sweet treasures you can see in the picture. They were sent by Rachel, a Ravelry friend from New Zealand. Thank you so much, Rachel. The soap smells so good. The yarn is gorgeous. I love the sweater & square hat. So unique. The kiwi shirt is so cute, too. And the Pineapple Lumps are missing... ehmmm... yeah... because... well, you can probably guess. ;-)
Last, but not least - as they say, I must also mention that I received chocolate fish and a sweet tea towel from Gail over at Delightfully Diva-ish. Unfortunately my children didn't pick up the "it's for decoration only" vibes the tea towel draped across the stove must have sent out... It's in the wash. The chocolate fish are in the fridge as they will be the Kiwi treat at Nuriel's birth. Thank you, Gail!
I really, truly don't know how to put my gratitude into words. I want you to know how sweet & wonderful it is to receive these special surprises in the mail. Thank you for your blessings!
I'm going to go straighten out a bit and have a look at the Knits magazine I picked up today. Nathan is reading the "FAA Airplane Flying Handbook." He can't wait to turn 17 to get a pilot-license. Noah is lost in two football magazines. While I don't mind the football content as he's almost 14, I do wonder about the advertisements in the magazine. Why can't the women be fully dressed? He actually wondered the same thing. Funny. Looks like a mellow evening ahead - unless Lil' Bean decides to add a little surprise-spice.





5 comments:
Best of luck from a reader Down Under. I hope you've made arrangements for someone to tell us all the big news as soon as it's happened. (Knowing you, that'll probably be you yourself with a computer alongside the tub!) Remember: Your readers are all with you in spirit.
Such beautiful photos - of beautiful boys, kitties, and gifts. Full of light and love.
Since this is your 3rd, I guess you are calm and collected. My Mom had nine and she was always so anxious to get the delivery over, she'd do some heavy cleaning or scrubbing to move things along more quickly. It usually worked. I guess you are in no hurry though. You seem really calm through it all so far.
Wow! That blanket is gorgeous! I'm a bit partial to a bit of crochet!!
My pleasure my dear. And if you ever get another hankering for a choc fish or two, just drop me a line!
thinking of you as the exciting moment drawers closer - I love the belly shots!
I love that blanket!!!! I've only ever made one crochet blanket before - that one has inspired to make another!!
Post a Comment