Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

So Much Gratitude...

So many blessings are coming my way these days. It's a beautiful thing; so very sweet. Last night I received some lovely gift cards along with a one-hour prenatal massage session from the parents of my students. So very awesome. Those of you who remember the "Richmond Mom Baby Shower Contest" may remember just how much I loved the idea of a massage... My appointment is for Monday - a day before the August 24th due date. The massage therapist assured me that I could also have it as a postnatal massage if need be. ;-)

A few weeks ago I won a pair of booties in the weekly Kiwi Mummy Blogs Giveaway. They arrived in the mail, along with the added surprise of a hat, from NaturalStar. Just gotta love 'em. Thank you, Brenda! I have a love for beautiful stories & beautifully illustrated books for children. The book you see there in the background was a totally-out-of-the-blue surprise from a former colleague. I found it in my mailbox at school today along with a lovely note. Thank you, Susan. - All the best in your new home & don't be shy about commenting!

I think this is the first bouquet of fresh flowers in this house. I love fresh flowers. So pretty up there on the mantle. They were a gift, too - along with yummy CSA veggies & fruits. Thanks to Sarah. I don't think Sarah even knows about this blog, but they are just so pretty.

This is a ceramic house that I gave my grandmother for Christmas one year - about 12, 13 years ago. She'll be ninety this year & she's wanting to pass on treasures to the people she'll be leaving behind one day. She wanted me to have it back. It's on the mantle, too. You can put a tea-light inside & the chimney can hold some essential oils for diffusing. Noah & Nathan also loved the packs of gummi bears that she used as padding. - Okay, yeah, so did I!

Oh and... It looks like my "Autumn" shawl will be used as a prop in the play The Fantasticks at Cadence Theatre Company here in Richmond. A friend & colleague is doing the choreography. She's a fellow knit-addict & wanted something "not acrylic." So funny. That shawl by the way has been getting oodles of hearts on Ravelry. (My project link.) Not sure why. It has a stockinette section & it's thus a pretty simple shawl.

So many treasures.
So much gratitude.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It's getting oodles of hearts because it's oh so gorgeous!

momma rae said...

yes, i think you do know why it's getting so many hearts. ;) glad to see you are being showered with love! xoxoxo

Cadi said...

I do think it's pretty, yes.
What confuses me is that I have other pretty shawls on Ravelry, too; shawls that were - in my opinion - more complex to knit. They get maybe 5 or 6 hearts. This one has over 25. I really don't understand that bit. :-)

Mama_Bear_Sarah said...

our local hospital brings in a massage therapist after every delivery. wouldn't you know that she was on vacation when i delivered Ella. they gave me a gift cert to use later that i lost :(
enjoy the massage!! i was given one as a gift when i was 6 months pregnant and it was phenomenal!
and you know ...stuff like that has been known to put women in labor because you relax so much ;)

Gail said...

That's a whole heap of letter box love!

Envy the massage. How wonderful!

paula said...

Sometimes simple things are the prettiest . . .perhaps that's why you are getting hearted so much.Remember the old saying . . . beauty is in the eye of the beholder :0}