Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Piggy Confession

Have you ever eaten a pint-sized container of ice-cream in one sitting? Well, I just did. I know, I can't believe it either.

One kiddie scoop is all I wanted. Really! It should be unlawful for an ice-cream place to lock a door on a pregnant woman at 9:31 p.m., even when a sign says they close at 9:30 p.m. (Thank you. I knew you would agree.)

This led me to the grocery store. I just needed some ice-cream tonight, you know. I couldn't pass by the Ben & Jerry's Mission to Marzipan - a sweet cream ice cream with almond cookies & a marzipan swirl. I bought the pint-sized container. (You would have, too. I know!) At home I couldn't stop eating it. Just so good. Yes, I consumed 80% of my daily total fat intake, 60% calcium and, oh-my-gosh-I-can't-blog-this-outrageous-number calories in a midnight "snack."

I'm such a piggy.

8 comments:

Kimmie said...

Oh sounds delish, share a spoonful with me? Or is it all gone :[

hehehehe

emerson-j said...

look dont feel bad i do that and im not preggars!!

A Life Less Complicated said...

haha! I used to eat alot of icecream but don't buy it any more because if it's there I'll just eat it then complain about feeling sick!

Gail said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds absolutely delicious! I can demolish ice cream easily - it slips into all the gaps!

Ashley said...

ooooooh yes - been there, done that! I'm sure it was delicious and worth every calorie =D

angela said...

You can always say the baby needed the extra calcium.lol
dont feel too bad, and at least breast feeding will help you to burn of the extra cals.
good luck with it all

Mandy said...

Pint size? Pfft. A pint is less than half a litre. I have eaten an entire litre, over 2 pints, all on my own! Now THAT is piggy behaviour :o) I think we are all allowed to endulge on occasion. Food makes you happy, no-matter what people say.

Mariette said...

Been there, done that, without being pregnant. I wish I could say this was a once or twice kind of experience, but growing up, when my family 'went for ice cream,' it didn't mean we went for ice cream cones, it meant we went to 7-11 and everyone got their own pint for consumption. Most people in my family would, in fact, consume theirs in one sitting. (For the record, as an adult, I have broken with my family on this tradition, understanding eating an entire pint of ice cream in one sitting every week is a bad idea.)

But what is this new flavor of Ben & Jerry's you speak of? I have never seen that one, may have to keep my eyes open...