First off, I must mention just how much I miss my children. They are spending the summer with their Dad in Kentucky and I can't wait for them to be home and see our new house and the sweet little kittens. Nathan has a bad case of swimmer's ear. He was so miserable when we spoke the other night & complained that his Dad was making him take "unnatural Tylenol" (rather than homeopathics). I thought that was kinda funny. They are camping over the holiday weekend & I hope he will still have fun, although he can't swim in the lake. I made Noah's day yesterday when the bookstore had 20% off all used books, and I got five hardback Harry Potter books for $35. Only #2 missing now. He reads them over & over again, so the paperbacks just didn't last.
Anyhoo.
If you came here for the Babynaming Laceshawl Giveaway, you can find the link here. Have fun. It's been great to read all the comments thus far.
Now on to the house...
It was built in 1910 in Barton Heights, which was actually the first suburb ever in Richmond. Original hardwood floors & fireplaces, but modern bathroom & brand new kitchen. Porch in the front. Deck in the back. Lotsa berry bushes & gardening potential. Psst... Maybe even chicken underground potential...
Anyhoo.
If you came here for the Babynaming Laceshawl Giveaway, you can find the link here. Have fun. It's been great to read all the comments thus far.
Now on to the house...
It was built in 1910 in Barton Heights, which was actually the first suburb ever in Richmond. Original hardwood floors & fireplaces, but modern bathroom & brand new kitchen. Porch in the front. Deck in the back. Lotsa berry bushes & gardening potential. Psst... Maybe even chicken underground potential...
Picture a lil' pond there to the left (or right?) of the path & two or three fruit trees on the right side of the house... and lots of flowering this-n-that here-n-there... - At least that's how I picture it one day.
Rainbow organization - just slightly over the top. Actually, it looks very pretty, but it requires knowing the spine color of a book to find it quickly. Not very practical... Well, but pretty.


14 comments:
Adorable! I just love the yellow color and the front porch! I've always wanted a house with a porch =D
What a lovely house, love your little nature table display, cheers Marie
i would love a house like that on a farm...cant get them like that in nz...its got soo much character!
I spy with my little eye...a rainbow coloured quilt!! I love, love, love your new house and it looks like you are settling in just fine. So happy for you.
What a wonderful place for you to be able to call home, already filling with your beauty and warmth. Hope you family is all together there soon!
What a beautiful home! Looks like it is full of character. Congratulations! :-)
LOVE the house pictures . . looks like "home."
:0} paula
Beautiful house!!! Love the rainbow book organization...I think it's whimsical & wonderful!!
Happy Day!
xo maureen
Ooh, gorgeous house! Soo much character! I am sure you will be very happy there :o) I was showing my Mum the little hat you made yesterday and she reminded me that we had been through Richmond on a family trip to the USA back in 1999. We were on our way to Jefferson's House, Monticello, apparently. I thought it sounded a familiar place!
love the house. so beautiful... I hope your kids are home soon. xxx
Adore your new house :]
Hi, I'm from Ravelry.
Congratulations! Your house is so beautiful.
I love the photo of green glassware!
BEAUTIFUL house. Congratulations! Enjoy nesting....
I'm in LOVE!!! I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment