I can't stop looking at her; can't stop watching her delicate yet jerky movements that remind me so of her father's gestures. It's not that I would have been less happy with a boy - no not at all. It's that surprise factor that still makes me smile. It's like the spiritual world having given me a big hug after a few very tough months. A healthy baby. So much joy. I'm still floating...
(No, I wouldn't normally let a baby sleep in this position on a fluffy blanket. I had put her down for a moment while I was making the bed. When I turned to lift her over, she had stuck her hand under her cheek & I just thought it looked so cute, so I snapped a picture.)

17 comments:
*sigh* shes just wonderful!!
jesse and emerson liked to sleep on their tums when they were new too, must feel more womb like.
She is gorgeous. And I know what you mean about the surprise factor. My daughter is 2 next month and I still look at her and think "Oh my goodness. You're a girl. You're really a girl." :D
And I'm so sorry that you feel you have to justify the photo on the fluffy blanket...I completely know why you've done it (the justification), but it is sad that we have to put disclaimers on gorgeous photos like that.
WIshing you and your new baby and family all the best. I love your blog.( We are a waldorf inspired homeschool family ourselves.) She is just beautiful! Enjoy that babe and take it easy on yourself - a mama really needs those precious weeks of postpartum to be cared *for*.
Congratulations Cadi! She is so beautiful! I think she looks so sweet with her hand under her cheek. I am so pleased for you, and a daughter is a wonderful thing.
(Also loving that header that Stella did for you; cute name too!) luv Simone
@greatfun4kids
She's beautiful and looks very satisfied with life at the moment. Such a sweet photo. :)
Congratulations, Cadi! She's beautiful!
Wonderful news - what a lovely wee thing she is. Well done you!! Didn't even occur to me about the blanket I was completely taken in by the peacefulness in her expression. Wicked header by the way.
awwwwwwwww she is just adorable!!!
she is so gorgeous and what a beautiful photo! I can understand why you can't stop looking at her... thanks for sharing her with us too :)
Cadi,as I've said before, Not having ever had a child, I can't really imagine the joy you are feeling with the birth of your new baby, and with the surprize of having a little girl,after all these long months of expecting a little boy, you have got to be the happiest girl in the world,especially with your particular circumstances of loving your mate.Thank you for letting us all share your experiences during the last several months.
The greatest little gift. I'm so glad you are smiling and feeling that love! Thank you for sharing a moment of her sweetness with us!
Just the title of your post had me smiling, before I clicked over. How lovely to say "my daughter."
She really is lovely, Cadi. I'm so glad you are just living in the moment, it's so nice to read!
Beautiful little girl..how blessed you are! Those early days are so incredibly precious. The depth of emotion..
Hum . . taking pix when you could have been knitting?
LOLOL . . isn't it wonderful seeng Daddy's traits coming through.
I'll bet the boys are so in love with her.
The hand under her cheek is adorable -- good job capturing a precious moment!
Oh she's so cute! Congratulations ! :0)
Post a Comment