I've never been to a State Fair! Isn't that somethin'? Then this year we decided to submit some things to the Virginia State Fair Arts & Crafts Competition. It seemed like something fun to do. It was 20 cents per entry. That made it something cheap to do. Never in my wildest imagination did I think we would win one of those prestigious ribbons! But guess what? We did! Noah submitted his pentatonic cherry lyre, Nathan a carved wooden spoon & I submitted four knittsie creations. That's six entries & we won FOUR ribbons! Noah got a blue ribbon (1st place) for his lyre, Nathan a white ribbon (3rd place) for his wooden spoon & I got a blue ribbon for this and a red ribbon (2nd place) for this. The weather has been coldish-rainish. It's supposed to be a bit better on Friday. I've decided to pick the kids up from school early & we're goin' to the State Fair! I promise I'll snap lots of pictures! (Either this is something to really be excited about or just a sign of me getting old. I haven't figured that out yet!)
Everyday Life Continued...
10 hours ago
5 comments:
Yay! Congratulations guys! State Fairs are so much fun.:o)
I immediately recognized the blanket and the sweater when we were there this weekend! Congrats to you and the boys! Somehow I missed their lyre and spoon (I was being hurried through by my in-laws). It was cool to recognize your projects! They are beautiful!
That is fabulous, congrats to you all!!!
Congratulations to an award winning family!
My only connection to a state fair . . babysat for friends and they brought me Cotton Candy as payment . . my request . . back then you couldn't buy cotton candy except in the summer at fairs and beaches.
Can't wait for the pix .of the ribbons and what they go with . . . oh, and tell Miss Nuriel to keep an eye out for the postman:-}
\0/ Paula
Congratulations...:)
Post a Comment