Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Day After

Yesterday I lost it & today I had an Epiphany. I was so stressed out by the "still pregnant" remarks & the thought of having "lost" a week of maternity leave (less time with Lil' Bean when he does arrive) that I was losing sight of something. I was losing sight of the fact that I always wanted to have another child; that it is likely that this is the last child I will give birth to; that Brent left me a most wonderful gift; that I should enjoy every day of this marvelous pregnant goddess belly. And so today I put on my Blessingway necklace & the bear necklace and I walked out into the world with a smile on my face. And I greeted the, "What? Still no baby?" remarks with, "Isn't it awesome that I get to enjoy being pregnant a little longer?" Yeah, isn't it awesome?

13 comments:

emerson-j said...

good on u!! but hey we all lose it now and then, its what makes us have these epiphanys and reminds us we are human. :)

Stella said...

Hang in there! Yeah, I found it really tough having an enormous belly and being overdue... I totally get what you mean about the repetitive remarks, they used to drive me mental! Now everyone just tells me what a giant baby I have so I guess it never ends... Good on you for reframing it like that! Hope you find some nice special time for yourself while you wait! x

Linda said...

It is awesome! Sending love and light your way mama:)
xo
Linda

kim said...

i lurk on your blog and have to say that i saw that you had a new post and was anxious to read of your birth.....but am even more happy to see this! right on! enjoy these last moments...........you are one strong lady!♥

Leesh said...

Cadi - you have the best attitude, I LOVE it. I do hope you have your wee bubba in your arms soon, but I love that you are going to make the most of still having him inside you too :)

Charlotte Scott said...

Way to go!

Sue from Ky. said...

That's right. Go ahead. You're a woman, and you're entitled to loose it now and then.We had a teacher in our school once, that lost it during the school day,now she was entitled, and she ran out in the street, and pulled hair hair and started screaming. You don't need to go that far, but go ahead and let it out.

Kimmie said...

Way to go Cadi~!

:]

Hugs

Kimmie
x

Oddiferous said...

right on.

Plus, they are easier to take care of on the inside!

W-S Wanderings said...

What a wise way to reframe it. The lost week of maternity leave was a gained week of self-care. Albeit one that was peppered with frustrating comments. Think of it as having vented your way to that narrow focus of labour and birth.

Teaching Handwork said...

very smart.....enjoy, breath, relax, sing and dance

Unknown said...

yay for a change in perspective! you are bound to have both sorts of days, but i'm glad for you that today is brighter. :)

Hira Animfefte said...

That really is a blessing! (((HUGS)))