I just read, "The Pilgrims would stand women whose babies were late against a pole, strap them to it, and pound the pole up and down against the ground - apparently hoping to shake the baby loose."
Those Pilgrims, huh?
Yeah. I think I'd rather just wait!
Yes. I'm still waitingpatiently. Labor Day Monday - you are my hope! You see, with school starting on Tuesday & Nathan's birthday on Wednesday, things are bound to get a bit tricky. I might ask to be strapped to a pole soon. Stay tuned.
Those Pilgrims, huh?
Yeah. I think I'd rather just wait!
Yes. I'm still waiting
16 comments:
wow im impressed lil bean is still in there, here in nz after ur 2wks over they induce u!
Well, one of my ultrasounds suggested September 2nd instead of August 24th, so I get about two weeks from September 2nd - as long as Lil' Bean is okay & placenta is working. And that is indeed the case thus far.
I was told to go swing on a swing at the park - apparently gravity will do the work. Obviously it didn't work. It wasn't until I was completely relaxed and had given up on going into labour that things started to move along. Rest up and I hope you don't end up having to be strapped to a pole!
Yes, relaxing. What's that again?! ;-)
I'm really trying. I can't say that I'm stressed out by any means, but I have been hit with an intense wave of grief this past week or so...
Eleanor was born on labour day over here.... She was eleven days late, and I was quite tense about things (homelife - we were sharing a house at the time, and in-laws decided to come and stay right around my due date.... grrrr!!!). I hope you feel better soon, grief is the strangest thing isn't it? Hugs,
Stella
come on Lil Bean...get a move on!!!!
Hey Cadi
In hindsight Lil Bean's birthday will be perfect timing ;-)
Hang in there and sending you lots of Kiwi hugs and best wishes
Rachel
Babies always come out one way or another ;)
Acupuncture, nipple stimulation, raspberry leaf infusion, castor oil (talk to your midwife about that one), and stay away from poles and ropes! But I haven't got a cure for grief, except virtual hugs. Sending you some.
x
evening primrose oil worked for my middle child... Ive also heard riding around on a ride on mower works - lol, havent tried it personally!
best wishes
XX
Hugs, here's hoping it all happens very soon.
laughing out very loud at this post. A lesser person would have lost their sense of humour and wit xx
Leonie - I have been taking Evening Primrose for about 3, 4 weeks now. Maybe I should go search for a mower-ride. :-)
Lottie - Yes, my midwife has this famous castor oil drink mix. I shall find out more about that on Tuesday.
Boo - It's either a sense of humor or deep depression & medication. ;-)
I've known folks who did the castor oil thing. It did not sound pleasant....lol.
I know how hard it is to wait, but he knows exactly when he wants to greet you. Maybe he wants to give you a little more time to grieve so that when you meet it's as happy as you want it to be.
Hugs.
my sister did the castor oil when she was 10 days over-due with her middle child, it had no effect but the baby was EXTREMELY slippery when she eventually decided to grace us with her presence!!!! good luck xx
Hey Cadi
I used Bowen Therapy and my baby came 2 weeks EARLY ;-) The first two were 2 weeks LATE! I know how it feels to be just so ready to meet your baby. Good luck and hugs again from New Zealand XXOO
Post a Comment