Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Midwife Tuesday

Two posts today. The other one is here. Lil' Bean is doing fine. Strong heartbeat & he's active. Cervix is at 3-4 cm, 50% effaced, soft & squishy. No labor yet. If he hasn't made an appearance by next Monday, "the drink" will help him along. Tomorrow is Nathan's birthday. Wouldn't a birth on that day be a fun coincidence?

Noah & Nathan came with me. They wanted to meet the squirrel babies I mentioned here. They loved Noah's warm hands so much that one of them had a bowel movement. Aren't they cute?

3 comments:

renee ~ heirloom seasons said...

Wow, it's like you have been in labor all this time. You may have a quick birth! (Says one who speaks from experience...)

I think now may be the time to send some last well wishes, blessings and love. I will be thinking of you!

Cadi said...

Thanks, Renee!

I think those two times when I had contractions every 10 minutes for 2 hours & then nothing must have done the trick.

I suppose my body knows that mentally I couldn't handle a 36-hours labor kinda thing right now. It will be interesting to see how long it will take in the end.

I've been up since 4 a.m. trying to make sure Nathan has a nice birthday morning. His celebration at school is at snack-time, then I have to pick up his cake at noon. So, as ready as I've been, I'm asking this baby to wait now 'til after his brother's birthday celebration! :-)

Jackie said...

Your midwife was right!! They are SO cute!!!!!!! But I do think that it would be awkward carrying one in a sling.....

I'm hoping you're feeling somewhat comfortable. Again, I wish I were there...
<3
P.S. I once had a dream I gave birth to a shrimp in a warehouse bathroom so that I could run faster away from some unknown assailant. Then I hid it in a hotwater bottle behind the toilet. Wouldn't it be fun to hear all the other women's freaky pregnancy dreams??? ;)