Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

WIP Wednesday

A quick post while my daughter is taking a nap & I'm anxiously, with chattering teeth, awaiting the estimate of the car repair guy... It may not be Wednesday here, but it's Wednesday somewhere in the world. Good enough for me!

So many WIPs. In the left bottom corner three skeins of Malabrigo Silky Merino waiting to become pilot hats. The two green skeins on the top left are Madelinetosh skeins a friend gifted me with for Nuri's birth. I'm planning on making her one of these. The white lil' something on the top is the beginning of a lace bonnet. The big green thing is an almost completed Icarus shawl. And then some sheep waiting to be stitched up there on the right... Truth be told, I haven't had much time to knit. I've been busy counting my blessings and looking at this:

The blanket was a gift from Christine over at a simple quilter. I thought it was too cute when I noticed that finger poking out through one of the holes yesterday. Yes, she sleeps best all swaddled up like that.

And while I'm counting my blessings, I also miss him more than ever. Oh, all the smiles this child would have brought to his face. And I'm also a bit annoyed with the stigma attached to not having a father listed on the birth certificate; no way to dip into her Kiwi heritage with a passport one day. My child, the child of a New Zealander & a German is officially an American citizen. Just slightly strange...

10 comments:

Hira Animfefte said...

She is so precious!

paula said...

Talk about a "worldly" child. Miss Nuriel sure has that covered.

\0/ paula

Oh, love the leaves sweater you want to make her.

Jenny said...

She is gorgeous... I love how you are calling her 'Nuri' :o) How sweet that she has her little finger through the crochet blanket while she sleeps!

I know what you mean about your child's heritage. I find it strange, too, that I gave birth to an American citizen.

emerson-j said...

stink about her birth cert, my daughter, emerson still sleeps all wrapped up like nuri too and shes 9mths. loving the finger poking thru sooo cute.

Anonymous said...

How cute is that little finger poking through! She is gorgeous!

A Life Less Complicated said...

:( frustrating about the birth certificate - I can see where you are coming from with the stigma attached to not having the father listed.

She's just too cute - the blanket looks so cozy! I still have my crochet blanket from when I was little - they last forever!

Anonymous said...

Your WIP's look lovely, all that gorgeous yarn. Still not as lovely as the wee FO in the bottom pic. Nuri is so devine. Lots of love from all us Kiwis.

Mama_Bear_Sarah said...

i finally was able to pick up Ella's birth certificate last Friday ...almost a year after she was born ...and after 10 months of court appearances, documentation and DNA tests. it's ridiculous. and that was for a U.S. born child with 2 U.S. born parents. it shouldn't be this difficult.

Mama_Bear_Sarah said...

oh and i forgot to say ...she gets cuter everyday! i'd sleep darn well all snuggled up like that too :)

W-S Wanderings said...

I could scarecly attend to the rest of your post because I just wanted to gaze at the beautiful photo of that blessing-of-a-baby. I am happy that you have such blessings to keep busy counting :-)