Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

These Days

I haven't forgotten about this blog. Nuriel is easy-going. Her nighttime routine is sleep from 10 p.m.-ish to 6 a.m.-ish with a quick nurse & back to snooze around 2 a.m. I had a bit of a baby blue day the other night. She wasn't happy with the lil' milk my boobs were giving her. So she nursed & screamed & I cried  while telling her "Papa stories." After that we were all better. :-)

I was not looking forward to her first appointment with the pediatrician today. Home-birthers & non-vaccinaters (or vaccinaters on a delayed schedule) are usually frowned upon. I tend to get impatient in these situations & I had asked Brent for help from spiritual realms. Boy, did I feel his presence! I love the pediatrician I went to see. Very positive towards home-births; the vaccination issue didn't even come up. She was totally excited that I was breastfeeding Nuriel so easily & successfully. She's already gained 5 ozs.! She even had someone do that state-mandated test for 29 metabolic diseases while I was feeding her, which made it as pleasant as such a poke can be for a 6-days-old. 

I'm enjoying Nuriel & Noah & Nathan & just getting into the new flow of things. 

I'll be back soon with a blog post. I'm designing a fern lace bonnet for my girl & I'm looking forward to sharing the pattern. 

Much love to all of you. All the comments really warm my heart!

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Cadi, I am so happy for you. I can't wait to see more pictures of your gorgeous little girl. It sounds like she is a really easy going baby, just like Abbey is. Abbey only woke up for one feed in the early hours initially and was sleeping through the night (either 9pm - 5am or 10pm - 6am) at 5 weeks of age. Still haven't made it to the post office but am thinking of you a lot! Love and hugs to you both from across the county :o)

Jennifer & Abigail

Cadi said...

Jennifer,

It was a bit puzzling to me almost. It's like I can't sleep because I'm wondering why she's not waking up. Haha! Anthroposophists say that we spend the night (sleep) in spiritual realms & now I just look at it as her spending time with her Papa. :-)

Jess said...

Fantastic to hear she is doing so well :) Blue days are all part of the package but sounds like you found such a nice way to get through it.

W-S Wanderings said...

Nuriel, Noah & Nathan -- sounds like beautiful music :-)

paula said...

Been stitching away and thinking of Nuriel with every one of the stitches. can't wait to box them up and send them on their merry way.

\0/ paula

meg said...

Congratulations on your sweet baby girl. It's lovely to see her at last.

Dan said...

Congratulations on your beautiful daughter. I just realized I have been really out of touch. What a special time for you. The pictures are so sweet. I hope you are really enjoying this precious time.

Much love.

Dan

Debbie said...

Congratulations Cadi! She's beautiful and your latest posts bring a big smile to my face, which is much needed. Thank you for sharing your miracle.

Jeanene Tremoulet said...

You have a very precious little angel indeed and a wonderful mama to care for her. I'm sure her daddy would be very proud.:)

Hira Animfefte said...

She is so beautiful! ((((HUGS))))